Friday, 2 July 2010

A day in the Life of Lily

On Friday July 2 we took a photo of Lily every 30 minutes. First, though, an update on ZIM. He can now stand up by himself and helps us clean the kitchen cupboards every day. Standing up again. This is how nice our hallway looks without curtains! Now it has curtains it feels a bit less like a fridge.

Here we are on 2 July. In the morning I was in the study while Dada checked the email.
It's 7 am.
In the kitchen about to get breakfast. First I have to practise balancing on this broom.



After breakfast, I had a shower and then went to my room to get dressed. My room was nice and warm, so rather than go to the toilet I got the potty in my room.

I'm dressed now and getting ready to go to Montessori. This is our calendar, so we know what plans we have and what the weather will be.
Riding in the double pram with ZimZim down the street for Montessori at 9am.

At Montessori, we explained to my teacher Jessica about our project of taking a photo every 30 minutes. She agreed to take the photos while I was at Montessori. Here I am washing a tube that had colours in it because someone tipped it instead of squirting the colours.





Then I did some counting and colouring. I was copying the red and blue rods onto paper. Jade was next to me.



Then we threw 3 dice. We counted the numbers and then circled and squared the numbers on our paper. This is Jamie.



Then I went outside and played the dice game because it was time to go outside and I still wasn't finished.



This is the new guinea pig at Montessori. It's named Rhino. The rabbit and the Rhino are getting used to each other. (This is an extra photo)



Before we went to the music room I had a drink and took off my shoes.




At home after Montessori, I had a snack of some yoghurt.




We tried to have a nap, but Zim was too lively so we decided to do some cooking first and then have a nap. I am unwrapping the mince for the pasta sauce.


Then we made the pasta bake. We put pasta, then meat sauce, then cheese sauce in the big dish. I decided to put mine separately - one bowl for meat sauce, one for cheese sauce and one for pasta.

Then it was nap time. We made a nest in Mummy & Dada's big bed and fell asleep.

For a long time.... (actually 2 hours so there are some photos missing because Mummy had a nap too.)

When we woke up we all ate porridge (or as I like to say powwidge with bwown sugar). Zim had a bread stick as well.
At 4 o'clock my friend Oscar came over to give me an invitation to his 3rd birthday party. We all went to the park together - Lucy, Toby, Oscar, Mummy, Zim and I


At the park we met Robbie, Charlie & Archie and Tania, Jessica & Alexandra. We had so much fun! Charlie shared his lammingtons with us. Ma came by too for a little while. I got some dirt in my eye, but I blinked and blinked and it came out.


Here is a view from above 4:45


Alexandra got in the pram with Zim, who was feeling cranky and hungry. She patted him and I patted her! I really liked her hat. The sun started to go down and it was getting cold so we all walked home together (we could do that because we all live on the same street) 5:10


Although, it still took awhile for everyone to get going (5:15)
We got home just before dark and soon after Dada got home 5:45. He has never been home so early on a Friday night before! He will have a new job soon, so let's hope it becomes a regular thing. As soon as Dada got in the door, I asked him for the iphone. I have to check my fish in the "TapFish" aquarium. Mummy, Dada & I all love to play "TapFish". We sure will miss it when Fairuz goes to his new job!

Playing in the lounge. This was going to show me doing a somersault. Well.. the camera is a bit slow sometimes.



Eating my pasta bake, while Fairuz checks his tapfish.


Ok so there is one missing here of Zim and I in pjs. It also shows Mummy and she doesn't like that photo of herself one little bit.
Tonight is a World Cup soccer match so Fairuz is going to sleep on the sofa bed with me. I really like that. Dada and Zim already asleep, getting energy to watch the match.
Asleep at last! 8:19 pm